The Post Graduate Diploma in Economic Development is one year course with two semesters. It encompasses class room lecturing/discussions and workshops during the year and classes will be at the weekends, only two days at The Economics Department, Admas College.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent, or five years of professional experience in economic development or a related applied field together with evidence of his/her ability to participate post graduate diploma program.
- Applicants may be required to attend a selection interview.
Structure and content
The philosophy of the programme is based on three related 'pillar' aspects of Economic Development:
- The theories, models and practices used to foster locality based economic development in Somaliland and neighboring countries.
- The characteristics of particular sector/region and the distinctive nature of economic development at the local, regional and national levels based on trends, patterns and experiences over time.
- The tasks performed by 'practitioners' in economic development, as these become the outputs or products of the educational programme.
The programme is a combination of workshops, background readings, online information, projects, practicums and hands-on skills training.
Papers in Semester One
- Economic Development & Social Integration Issues I
- Economic Development& Social Integration Issues II
Papers in Semester Two
- Economic Development Management
- Economic Development Project
Why this program? How it benefits us?
Every year, thousands of graduates are produced from different universities in Somaliland having knowledge from text-books, traditional and modern based theories and practices. However, what different skilled graduates are really demanded by various organizations is ignored in this process. To fill this gap, P G Diploma in Economic Development is one of our beginning attempts.
A Diploma Program in hand is useful like..…. You will certainly have a greater demand in various Government Ministries and National/Organizations.
Come and join us….. Benefit yourself! Benefit Somaliland!!
Course Coordinator: Dr.Swamy.P.G M.A. (Eco), Ph.D (Eco)